- What is FTP?
FTP is File Transfer Protocol. Using FTP client, remotely you can upload easily files to your hosting account.
- How can I upload my website?
You can upload your website using any FTP Client or the File Manager inside your hosting Cotrol Panel.
- I do not have FTP client. Where should I get one from?
One of the most famous FTP clients are Cute FTP, Crystal FTP, Smart FTP, etc. You can search for one through the well-known search engines like Google, Yahoo, etc.
- What are my FTP settings so I can establish FTP connection?
The FTP setings are as follows:
•FTP Host: all FTP Hosts are listed in your Control Panel, FTP Manager section on the bottom of the page;
•FTP Username: FTP username(s) are listed in your Control Panel, FTP Manager section;
•FTP Password: the one you have assigned to your FTP account, for the default one FTP account if you haven't change it, password is the same as your initial hosting's account password;
- How to Delete, Rename, Copy or Move files or directories?
Inside your Control Panel simply mark the check box corresponding to the file or directory you'd like to manage and click the command button ( Rename, Copy or Move ).
- How to change permissions (CHMOD) of a file or a directory?
If you upload with File Manager all files/folders are uploaded/created by default with 755 permissions.
You can change the permissions of your files/folders only via FTP client. Most well-known FTP clients on right click of a file/folder you can find an option for changing file/folder permissions.
- Can I edit a file's content through the Control Panel?
Yes, you can. Inside your Control Panel, File Manger section, next to each file there is an icon in the form of a paper sheet. Click on the icon to view and edit the file's content.
- How to upload my files using the File Manager?
To upload a locally stored document, simply follow these steps:
Browse to the specific directory inside the File Manager where you'd like the file to be uploaded. Select the file by the browse button and click the Upload File button.
- I can't establish FTP connection, receiving this response '500 Unable to service PORT commands'?
Please enable 'Passive mode' to your FTP client!
- What are the upload limits on File Manager and FTP client?
File Manager - 20 MB, FTP - no limit
If you need more limits, please contact our support.